Short and Sweet

 


I had some serious back surgery a few weeks ago, and it's taken this long before I could sit up long enough to write this.

Actually, I am recording it on my phone while in bed, and I'll copy and paste it into my blog once I get to my computer.

Knowing I'd be laid up a bit, I got all my writing tasks completed and sent off before I went in. Thank heaven, because rather than "a night or two at the hospital and then right to a rehab center," as I was told ahead of time, I was nine days in the filthiest, most vile and disgusting hospital room, where I developed a virus that compounded the intestinal blockage that developed from surgery. 

(Fun Fact: an ileus is a blockage that stops solid matter from passing, so the food gets ground and ground until it's liquid enough to get past the ileus.)

One thing I will say, a bad case of uncontrollable projectile diarrhea and vomiting makes for excellent physical therapy practice. Just make sure someone is there to clean you, the floor, your gown, and your bed afterwardthings I didn't have.


All that is behind me now, mostly. The hospital is apologizing, my insurance tells me (3 weeks later) that I can go to rehab now that I don't need to, and I am able to shower, walk, and do very small things without bending, lifting, or twisting my body. I get frequent muscle spasms as the nerves that had been crushed begin to waken again.

So I'll be back to the blog when I'm up to it.

Meanwhile, please support our newest campaign on Kickstarter! Just $7 will get you so many great bonuses and reading fun, but more importantly, you'll help us get 7 great books out there, including book two of my series, Aéros & Héroes ~ vampires, assassins, and werewolves, oh my! Just click below and see all the goodies you can get the further we go.

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!


Plus, some Ef Deal specials:



Comments

Popular Posts