Readings

 


I've been selected to read at the infamous "Noir at the Bar" for the Creatures, Crime, and Creativity Con in September.

I'm over the moon, as it is a prestigious Con and an honor to be selected for "Noir at the Bar" from such a wide field of authors attending.

Now comes the tough part: deciding what to read. I had thought to read from Czesko, which has creatures, crime, and creativity built right in. But the reading is only seven minutes, and they recommend a piece no longer than 1200 words.

I'm not sure I have one of those! I know of one flash around 1000 words, but it's creature-based only. I suppose that would do, but it's not one of my best pieces. I think I may need to rewrite it and beef it up.

On the writing front, I submitted one of my best fantasy shorts for a magazine, but it was turned down. Alas. 

That's how the writing world goes, folks. You could have a gorgeous story, but if nobody wants it, it doesn't matter how good it is. So you keep searching for the right pond for that swan!

Comments

  1. I think you'd be humble without that rejection! But thanks for keeping it real for the rest of us little folks. Hard to believe you'd get a reject!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've follow Jane Yolen and CJ Cherryh since the days of AOL message boards. I'm stunned when they talk about getting rejections!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you.

Popular Posts