Sunday noitcelfeR


 I attended my niece's bridal shower today. 

Bridal showers used to be for the bride to receive the more private, intimate items only the bride would need. Things like the peignoirs, the toasters and irons, the dish towels. 

Now, showers have became the default event for the giving of wedding gifts. The registry goes out with the shower invite.

It makes me wonder what the New Jerusalem would receive at a bridal shower. Scripture says the New Jerusalem comes like a bride adorned for her bridegroom. What do I need to furnish my "Mansion" that Christ is preparing for me?

No, I don't believe my soul will live in a house and dine at a banquet and walk down streets of gold. I understand the concept of metaphor, and all of those are metaphors.

But I want to be ready. I want the equivalent of a complete set of cast-iron cookware, the Kitchen-Aid, the nice sheets and bathroom towels, and a melon-baller.

Personally, I believe the only gift I need is the Spirit of God. Knowing God and having God within. But no one else can give me that. No party necessary. No throwing the garter or the bouquet. No surprise! No hat with ribbons and bows. 

Just me and God. I like that.

Comments

Popular Posts