How Goes the Year?

 All across the web, authors are touting their year's publishing accomplishments. I, on the other hand, am racking up injuries and health crises since January. Heck, since January 2022, since that's when COVID left me wracked and wrecked. But I've already recounted those woes, so I will let them be for now.

Esprit de Corpse released in April along with A Cast of Crows, featuring my Poe tale "Rhymes with Lenore," a story I'm really pleased with. Conspiracies & Cryptids and Soul Scream Antholozine published stories, and I had five more stories accepted this year for Beach Shorts, Cry Baby Bridge, Rise, Other Aether, and A Cry of Hounds, not to mention a story included in the C3 anthology. I once again published a poem in New Jersey Bards 2023.

Meanwhile, I'm finishing up the galley proofs for Aéros & Héroes, book 2 of the Twins of Bellesfées. I'm also attempting to translate Esprit de Corpse into French, a task that is challenging everything I knew about French grammar.

While my former church no longer needs my video editing skills, I continue to edit the Quick Reads from Strong Women ~ Strange Worlds and I also now edit for Sally Wiener Grotta's What If? Why Not? How? video interview series.

Keeping up with the work has been a challenge with my leg in a brace that doesn't seem to be doing any good. Using a cane gave me such a severe rotator-cuff pain I thought I'd broken something. "Arthritis," the ER said, which means there was nothing to do but wear a sling, leaving me useless for a bit. 

I worry mainly because I have to get back to my drum corps, I have to get around next year's cons, I'm going to Jamaica in March with my DH, and I've booked a trip to Wales in May so I can finish Book 5 of the Twins series. 

I wonder if I can buy a Segway and write it off in my taxes as necessary for research?



Not a bad year.


Comments

Popular Posts