What a Month!



 Not one, not two, but FOUR anthologies with my work featured, and it's pretty exciting for me. I know I've talked about these before, but they are now coming into being. I may have to plan a book fair all of my own!

Of course, Esprit de Corpse takes all precedence. More and more pre-release readers are getting back to me about how much they like it, and are glad it's first in a series. They want to see these twins again, and I have so many more adventures for them!



Dangerous Waters: Deadly Women of the Sea from Brigid's Gate was released, featuring my short piece From the Bridge. I've already written about that in a previous blog. The book is a thoroughly chock-full of beauty and horror anthology, and I hope you'll take a look at it.


Conspiracies and Cryptids: Everything Is True is finally released, and it is everything I hoped it would be. My short piece Passing Thoughts is included, but there are so many wonderful stories in this collection it would be a shame for you to miss them!



I've already burbled joyfully about Incubate: a horror collection of feminine power that includes a foreword by me, and if you haven't read this yet, do it. It's just an amazing and powerful collection


A Cast of Crows is going to be a fun anthology! 

The Tell-Tale Steampunk Festival April 1-2 will feature a scavenger hunt, the clues of which are related to some of the stories in this anthology, one of which is my own Rhymes with Lenore. (Click on the title above for a preview) I love this story because I had been thinking for many years, every time I teach Poe, about how this poem came to be, with its awkward archaic language, its jumble of mythological references, and words that were just stuck in there because they sounded good, whether or not they made sense. Then along come this opportunity to write those ideas as a steampunk story!

This anthology is part of a collection of three anthologies being funded by Kickstarter in a campaign we call Full Steam Ahead! There's also Grimm Machinations, steampunk fairytales, and Grease Monkeys, a dieselpunk collection. 

This campaign features the best of the eSpec authors (I humble say, since I'm one of them) and if we make it to the top stretch goal, our backers get TONS, SCADS, and BUTTLOADS of bonuses. 

Seriously, check it out!!



Even better, come to the festival! Sit down and chat awhile at our Author Roundtables or at the bar-con with me and plenty of other steampunk authors like David Lee Summers, Michelle D. Sonnier, Judi Fleming, Aaron Rosenberg, Dana Fraedrich, Jessica Lucci, Doc Coleman, and Danielle Ackley-McPhail.





And finally, be on the lookout for the Soul Scream Antholozine which will feature my very first sword-and-sorcery heroine Gwynna Lionshadow in a chilling tale called One More Ghost Story.

Comments

Popular Posts