Things Are Getting Exciting!

 I just spent the weekend with over a hundred incredible authors at the Creatures, Crimes, and Creativity Con. It's hard to describe to non-readers or non-writers just how much this conference can do for a writer's creative juices. Intelligent discussion thrills the heck out of me, and three solid days of intelligent discussion with friendly, open, fascinating, funny, charming, insightful people is a high I can't find anywhere else.

My blog has been ignored lately, which you've notice if you follow me, but mostly because things are getting exciting for me on the novel front. My amazing publisher / editor returned my manuscript with the suggested edits, along with requests for deeper writing. Holy mackerel, is Danielle Ackley-McPhail an amazing editor! She opened up so many ways for me to take a good novel and make it so much better. I'm so chuffed to be part of eSpec Books.

So much of the end of August and a lot of September was spent revising the novel, resubmitting, and re-revising until it was FINISHED! What a thrill!

Meanwhile, eSpec Books began the Kickstarter Campaign to fund the publications!

We began with the modest goal of $3000, and we're hoping to stretch that to $10,000 so we can produce hard-cover books as well. We hit our $3000 base goal within 24 hours! Now we're hoping more people will continue to back the campaign to fund the stretch goals. 

If you're reading this and haven't backed our Kickstarter yet, please consider that pledging $7 will get you AMAZING backer bonuses!

In between revision sessions, I spent a lot of time with my two grandchildren, with whom I am passionately in love. Eliana is a beautiful storyteller and singer / songwriter, and Leighton is a brilliant little engineer--who just learned to use scissors!


Of course, being me, all of this was done with a freshly torn rotator cuff, a stress-fractured foot, a broken toe, a slipped disc, and a lot of PT sessions!

I'm currently revising Book Two of the series, Femmes Fatales, to reflect all I learned from Danielle in revising Book One, so once again I am at the keyboard buried in France 1843.

Esprit de Corpse launches at Philcon 2022 November 19 at 8pm in Cherry Hill, NJ. That's just around the corner!!

Comments

Popular Posts