Where Did March Go?

 It feels like I was just writing about my Strong Women~Strange Worlds reading, and now it's April already. Where did March go?

Most of it went to our Jamaica week. If I haven't said it enough, I love our vacation spot in Jamaica, the Grand Palladium resort. Jack and I are members of their travel club, and we love being treated like royalty when we go. This year, we had a romance villa at the edge of the resort. This was our view every morning as we walked out our door:



The week was a little tougher on me than usual. For some reason, my legs and feet swelled, and walking was horribly painful. We had to call for shuttles to go anywhere, particularly because the resort is a full 3 kilometers long at least. But we were close enough to the beaches where I like to snorkel, and to the small quiet pool that's deep enough I can be weightless for a while. The snorkeling was the best I've ever done this year, and included a lion fish!

Even better, we made wonderful new friends, which is my favorite part about the resort. A lot of fun, sharing our lives and our love. 

I came home in time to wash some clothes and pack again for Heliosphere, a SF con held here in NJ, where I debuted a portion of my forthcoming novel Esprit de Corpse. That's me on the far left, manuscript in hand.

It was so good to reunite with friends in person, folks I haven't seen in three years or folks I've met in the past three years but only online. It was also nice to hear people say they loved my reading and can't wait to read the novel.

But the odd swelling in the legs persisted, and I finished up March getting an ultrasound for a possible blood clot. Hard to believe I still haven't gotten the results.

Meanwhile, I signed a contract for an upcoming anthology entry, so that's exciting news!

And... Jacqueline has discovered a novel way to kill the zombis.

Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts