Still No Sign of Land...


 Today marks 5 weeks since I returned from World Con with COVID. My family still hasn't celebrated Christmas! I no sooner got clear when Jack tested positive. Then my granddaughter's day care sent everyone home because someone tested positive, and after ten days of their quarantine, my daughter-in-law tested positive. I'm beginning to feel the strain of cabin fever on top of the COVID fatigue and depression.

I've tried to keep myself busy with various projects. I finished up seventeen videos for Strong Women ~ Strange Worlds. I updated my website. I arranged some music for one of my drum corps, and I'm still working on another arrangement.

I learned of a new market, and I retooled an old flash to suit the guidelines. I hope it makes it. I also got confirmation that I will be in another anthology, so YAY!

I did days of research on the Treaty of Nanking, the First Opium War, the Jardines and the East Indies Company, and Baron Stockmar. I got a lot of insights to help flesh out the plot for my novel, and I know where it's going and how to get there. But I just don't feel like writing it right now.

All my writing friends are announcing their award listings. It's exciting, but also intimidating. Awards were never part of my writing goals, but now I'm thinking gee, it would be nice to be acknowledged for all the work I'm putting into it.

I'm even starting my planning for a book-release party, even though I have no idea yet when it will be released.

Maybe after Christmas, I'll feel a little more settled!


Comments

Popular Posts