Wondering Why


 I haven't been very active this past week. In fact, I've hardly been able to stay awake during the day, and I don't know why.

I sleep a full eight hours each night, and I have a medically balanced diet I follow to keep my blood sugars steady. Yet, somewhere around noon, I crash for an hour. Another few hours later, I crash for another hour or two. It's the kind of crash where, even if I'm not sleeping, I can't move my body and it feels like too much trouble to breathe.

I can't blame the heat; we have central air and access to a wonderful pool.

It's a startling contrast from winter, when I finished three novels of over 60K words each, along with a few stories.

But I have to say, when I crash, I still have my next novel in mind, and when I get up again, I have a new rabbit hole to drop down in research for the ideas that are stirring.

So much of writing is figuring out what to write. I'm hoping all these crashes are leading up to a knock-out book 4!

Comments

Popular Posts