Coming Down Now


 The first draft of book 3 is finished, and this is the time when you put it aside for a few days and let it chill.

Next week, I'll start in on the first pass of editing. Is there enough of the setting? Is there enough description? Did I repeat some words too often? Did I write the wrong name? Did I remember what color eyes someone has? 

It usually takes three or four passes before the story begins to really sing to me. That's when the rich rewriting gets done. That's also about when I get the itch to start planning the next book, such planning as I do. Right now I'm thinking Jacqueline needs to build a submarine in Swansea; we'll see.

But this weekend is for me to sit back, relax, focus elsewhere--like on the party I'm throwing Saturday for probably fifty people or so.

If you're in the area, come on by!

Comments

Popular Posts