Sunday noitcelfeR

 My pastor is the first pastor in forty years to encourage my deeper search for the Spirit of God.

I have good friends who are supernatural healers. Not shamans or necromancers, but Christians whose deeper understanding of the Holy Spirit enables them to bring about miracles in healing through prayer and touch.


One of my prayers has been "I need your spirit, God. Send the holy fire of Pentecost. I only want to glorify you and be worthy of your power."

I was listening to one of my favorite songs, Richard Souther's recording of Hildegard von Bingen's O Eucharis, from the album Vision. It's hauntingly beautiful. I realized as I listened that I was praying along to it. So I opened my Finale program and jotted out the music and my prayer.

Today is Pentecost. This is my prayer:

Paraclete

If you enjoy it, please leave a comment. Let me know if you found it edifying.



Comments

Popular Posts